Purchasing multiples? Interested in saving money? This product is also available in bundles at a discounted price!
Target Fish: Baitfish (i.e. minnows, sunfish, shad, fry, etc.)
Ideal Water Depth: 3 to 5 ft.
Our Root Wad Kit is a great choice if you want to provide a fish sanctuary for your pond or lake, attract and protect fry and forage, or use the baitfish to create an ambush spot for angler sport fishing! This kit provides a cluster of habitat providing more area of coverage while providing a shade top for much needed shade during warmer months. Root Wad Kits are a great way to mimic your natural weed line that needs enhancement or may have deteriorated over time. Ideal for shorelines or shallow water areas and is incredibly easy to assemble. To deploy, simply wade into the water or slide off a boat and the habitat will sink to the bottom. Spend less time replacing natural habitats that decompose and more time fishing! Made from 100% American made and recycled PVC that is durable, which means our artificial habitats last a lifetime so you will never have to worry about maintaining or replacing it. Start seeing minnows, carp, shad, sunfish, fry and all kinds of baitfish on your Root Wad Kit today!
- Lures and hooks do not get permanently hung-up causing line breakage.
- Does not need to be replaced every few years.
- Works well in conjunction with natural habitat and designing specific fish habitat goals for your pond and fishery.
- Offers shade with our patented limb design and shade top.
- Textured surfaces easily grows plant life making each structure a living piece of habitat.
- Our one-of-a-kind V-shaped limbs promotes the collection of sediment additionally increasing plant life growth on the product.
- The V-shape limb, along with its flexibility, significantly reduces angler snagging.
- MossBack Fish Habitat offers many different product designs and functions for the goals that you have for your pond and/or fishery.
- Assembles easily making installation a manageable task.
- Studies and observations have shown that when MossBack Fish Habitat is installed, fish will often times inhabit and utilize the structures immediately.
- Do not place in swimming or boating areas. Check your local game laws.
Root Wad Kit Dimensions:
- Height: 23 inches
- Width with evenly distributed limbs: 72 inches. Limbs can be pulled further from the trunk for a maximum product width of 102 inches. (Must leave a minimum of 4 inches of limb on one side of trunk.)
- Weight: 32 lbs.
- Escape Hole: 1 1/4th inches long, 1 1/8th inches wide.
Included in the Root Wad Kit box:
- One Triangle Base and Shade Top
- Nine screws
- Three 20 Inch Root Wad trunks
- Twenty-seven 46 Inch limbs
Weighting: Place a concrete block or a bag of concrete in the base of the product. (Weighting not included)
Best longterm habitat structure for small fish, protecting forage fish recruitment in my 1 acre pond. I would recommend mossback products. I appreciate the folks in Springdale for making it easy to do business with.
Great for shallower water. Excellent safe area for small fish & fry to move through. Liked the natural color and rough surfaces for algae to grow for minnows, tad poles and bugs. Shipped very compact making it easy to move to install site. So much easier than dealing with woody structure. Very fisherman friendly by attracting, holding and not getting lures hung up. Id recommend this product over other artificial and woody habitat structure.