Target Fish: Baitfish (i.e. minnows, sunfish, shad, fry, etc.)
Ideal Water Depth: 3 to 5 ft.
Our Root Wad is a great choice if you want to provide a fish sanctuary for your pond or lake, attract and protect fry and forage, or use the baitfish to create an ambush spot for angler sport fishing! Root Wads are a great way to mimic your natural weed line that needs enhancement or may have deteriorated over time. It is ideal for shorelines or shallow water areas and is incredibly easy to assemble. The trunk comes in one piece with deep cutouts so all you have to do is insert the limbs to your desired length. To deploy, simply wade into the water or slide off a boat and the habitat will sink to the bottom. For weighting, we offer our MossBack Block Adapter specifically designed to add a concrete block (not included) to our habitats. Made from 100% American made and recycled PVC that is both eco-friendly and durable, our artificial habitats last a lifetime so you will never have to worry about maintaining or replacing it. Spend less time replacing natural habitats that decompose and more time fishing! Start seeing minnows, shad, sunfish, fry and all kinds of baitfish on your Root Wad today!
- Does not deteriorate and doesn’t add biomass to your pond decreasing water depth.
- Lures and hooks do not get permanently hung up causing line breakage.
- Does not need to be replaced every few years.
- Works well in conjunction with natural habitat and designing specific fish habitat goals for your pond and fishery.
- Offers shade with our patented limb design.
- Textured surfaces easily grows plant life making each structure a living piece of habitat.
- Our one of a kind V-shaped limbs promotes the collection of sediment additionally increasing plant life growth on the product.
- The V-shape limb, along with its flexibility, significantly reduces angler snagging.
- MossBack Fish Habitat offers many different product designs and functions for the goals that you have for your pond and/or fishery.
- Assembles easily making installation a manageable task.
- Studies and observations have shown that when MossBack Fish Habitat is installed, fish will often times inhabit and utilize the structures immediately.
- Do not place in swimming or boating areas. Check your local game laws.
Root Wad Dimensions:
- Height: 20 inches
- Diameter with evenly distributed limbs: 46 inches. Limbs can be pulled further from the trunk for a maximum product width of 75 inches. (Must leave a minimum of 4 inches of limb on one side of trunk.)
- Weight: 10 lbs.
Included in the Root Wad box:
- One 20 inch Root Wad
- Nine 46 Inch Limbs
Weighting: Secure a concrete block (not included) to your product by adding our MossBack Fish Habitat Block Adapter (sold separately).
The Root Wad is the perfect fishing habitat that has already helped me put more fish in my boat. Highly recommend this product to anyone that loves fishing!